Thursday, September 23, 2010

A week of leather/pleather jackets - Day Four

So back to the concept of skirts and dresses riding up when you walk. It happened to me AGAIN the other day. I wore a dress that I normally wear tights with and within minutes I was reminded of WHY. The dress got to obscene leg/crotch-flaunting levels really quickly. And what was worse was that I was on my way to a job fair and couldn't go home and change! So I basically held down one side of my dress with my hand for my 1/2 hour walk. Awkward! Luckily when I stood still, the dress went back down to more modest levels. Maybe I just need to stop being such a prude...

Anyway, Job Fair was a huge waste of time and money ($5 to get in, which I guess isn't much). But there were barely any companies, most were just telling people to apply online anyway so what was the point, and there were a lot of schools trying to suck you in. You know what? I have so much education it's not even funny... I'm not sure more education and more debt is the solution here in the waning job market.

I managed to hand in one resume to a travel agent and that was it. Everything else was just a rouse of sorts. I did want to apply at Labbatt but, go figure, the line-up was 30 people deep haha.

I'm considering other options though, such as going back to the headhunters who got me my last job. I'm also thinking of applying to be a new Canadian Host for MTV. I think that would be pretty sweet... especially with all my work in the music business.

That said, I don't have much on camera experience, aside from a few acting lessons.

I HAVE done on camera interviews with Kirk Shaw of the now-defunct Insight Film Studios...

And of course, WHO can forget what happened with David Copperfield? If you've been a reader of this blog for a long time, then you know very well. Of course, I was on the receiving end of the camera that time but still... (if you don't know, you can read about it here and here. I'm stupidly proud of the ridiculouness :D).

On to the jacket!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pleather jacket: F21; Dress: F21; Bag: F21; Boots: ASOS

No comments:

Post a Comment