Tuesday, May 4, 2010

No Money, Mo Problems

Sorry for leaving you hanging with these Coachella posts - they just aren't pressing at the moment. I'm going through an extremely rough time right now, in more ways than one. Though the big ONE is my whole money situation. After the whole bedbug disaster on the trip, then consequent loss of much-needed funds, I'm in the scariest financial situation that I've ever been in and I am not done being angry over it.

You see, when you are on a fixed income to start with and have a ridiculously tight budget, a few extra (hundred) dollars owed really throws you for a loop. I could barely survive before and I can barely survive now. What sucks the most is that I can't even rely on my parents for help... because my mother is the one I owe the extra money to (when my friends went to another hotel, I had to put my room on my mom's credit card - she was gracious enough to let me do it, but now I know my mom's in debt over this too).

So now, that money goes to her to get her out of the debt and I can't afford groceries or my car payment this month. I really don't know what to do. My boyfriend can't even help me because HE'S in the same amount of debt I am now. I've never seen him more angry or stressed out either because of this.


Anyway - rest assured that I am at least able to pay my mortgage and most of my bills. But this aggrafucking situation is more annoying now because I'm trying to eat better but all the healthy food is the most expensive. I'm trying to work out with my personal trainer but even though she charges 60% less than other trainers AND she's letting me pay when I can, it's still a lot of money (but this is important with me so I'm sticking with it!)

I guess it could be worse... I could not afford my mortgage and have to declare bankruptcy. At least I am barely squeaking by. I am grateful for that, believe me.

But it doesn't really take away the feeling that life isn't fair... and why is it the people who are the most financially unstable the ones who get screwed over by life? How come the rich, spoiled people of the world don't get touched? Irony. I guess.

Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger? Believe me when I say that this is something that I won't forget.

Anyway, I'm not just writing this to get it all off of my chest (which I am, and thanks, it is making me feel better) but I also wanted to get some feedback off of you.

Since my bf and I are poor as churchmice for the next month or two (or at least until the debt from the hotel is paid off), we are looking for suggestions on what the fuck to do with ourselves.

Luckily, we aren't really going out types - we are homebodies at heart. But we honestly can't afford to go to any bars, restaurants, birthdays, shopping trips, social events, movies, trips, weddings, etc.

So, what are some nice, low-cost (or free) things that you like to do?
One of mine is having a picnic on the beach.

Also, for those who are also money-conscious and into HEALTHY (and/or low cal, low/suagr) eating, please share below (in the comments) some of your best meal and snack ideas! I've got some great ones when I posed this question on Twitter.

Thanks everyone and hopefully I'll get back to posting regularly and happily once my pulse goes back down to normal :)

PS here is one good piece of good news! During the whole bedbug room change in the middle of the night, I left my SLR camera behind. I didn't even notice until days later (because I had been using my point and shoot). Luckily when I called the hotel, they still had it and sent it to me by express mail, free of charge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment