Friday, May 13, 2011

MY BOOK IS PUBLISHED - also VLOG!


I wrote this post out once and stupid Blogger went all weird yesterday... like ALL day, and then in the end, erased it. Le Sigh. They say it'll come again - maybe - maybe not, but you know, this post WAS kind of timely and all.

Anyway, I'm keeping this short, this time around.

My first novel, Darkhouse, the first book in the Experiment in Terror Series, is out today. Friday the 13th of May, 2011.

I started writing the book in October 2009 as part of a 30-day challenge write something every day. 30 days turned into six weeks and Darkhouse was born (under a different title, at the time). You may recall me blogging about it.. a lot.

Since then I went on to write the next two books in the series and then decided, you know what, screw applying to publishers or agents. This is the NOW age, I don't want to lose control over my work, I don't want to wait till 2013 for the first one to come out. I need to do this now, strike while the iron's hot.

So I started my own publishing company, Metal Blonde Books (HORNS UP!)



Logo by Dale De Ruiter


Spent many months of 12-hour work days and whatnot, just figuring out how to fucking do all of this on my own. From the layout (grrrr), to cover design, to starting a business, to copy-editing, to rewriting, to printing, to distribution, to webdesign, to marketing, to PR... yeah. It's not easy at all. It's actually been ...astoundingly hard.

But that makes today all that more sweeter. Because, even if the risk I took doesn't pay off, even if people hate the book... fuck em! I did this ALL ON MY OWN and the fact that today, it sees the light of day... it means I HAVE ALREADY WON.

This is most I've ever accomplished...and I'll never forget that. To me, Darkhouse, is already a success.

Of course, by watching the video below, you might think the book's name is DARKHO! I had a good chuckle at that one. You'll probably also have a good chuckle at what a... as my BF and Bart Simpson say... Dorkus Molorkus I am.



For all information on the book and the series visit www.experimentinterror.com

You can read Chapter Three there for free (or just click here)

You can buy the books on Createspace, Amazon and the E-versions at Smashwords.

Thanks a bunch!

ALSO come back on Monday, I'm doing a giveaway for some really cool tights from TightsPlease! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment